Revival - Who Needs It?
The message from last Sunday morning was inspirational. We cannot schedule revival, but we can pray for it. “Fight the fight of the mercy and grace of God becoming commonplace in my life.” (Aron Osborne’s January 22, 2017, message)
Revival – the growth of something or an increase in the activity of something after a long period of no growth or activity; renewed attention to or interest in something; the state of being revived. (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
Application question: Do I need revival? How do I know that I do?
Well, you might need revival if
1. You done wore out your re-dedicator.
2. That stiff, new chair at church is the only thing keeping you awake.
3. You didn’t realize there was a time of worship before the preaching of the word.
4. You don’t know what the topic of the current Sunday morning series is.
5. You set your alarm for 9:30 in order to be on time for the 10:30 service.
6. Your most recent testimony took place during the Bush administration.
7. That new book smell is still coming from your old Bible.
8. Talk of a church-wide fast makes you realize you need new running shoes.
9. You are the greeter at The Corner where you greet folks during the service.
10. You are offended by jokes about the need for revival.
Until next time,
More in Harvest Table
September 6, 2017Facing the Storm
August 23, 2017Fear Not - Recap of July 2017 Metro Life Church Women's Ministry Meeting
July 14, 2017Random Acts of Prayer